Thursday, November 24, 2016

I’M WHAT I WAS BORN TO BE




 I’M WHAT I WAS BORN TO BE

How fortunate and grateful I am to be able to say that about myself.  It has been a privilege to live a life of my own design, to choose the work I felt called to do, and pursue it, unfettered by outside demands.  Well, that is not quite true.  The outside demands were minimized, not abolished.  Many of my friends and colleagues considered the choices I made courageous, and others thought them foolish; I see them as neither.  I can take no credit for being brave or wise; I simply did what I was meant to do.  The seeds that grew the temperament required to make these decisions were sown at my conception and lovingly nurtured by my parents.  All that remained for me to do was take advantage of what had been given to me.

One of my greatest wishes is that my children can say the same of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment