Sunday, November 25, 2018

NOTES FROM THE 8TH DECADE #27


JUST SAYING
2015

 

Is life about becoming the person we are? Or perhaps the person we choose to be, or think we should be. Which ever it is, it is an ongoing experience, evolving, hopefully growing and maturing, and not remaining stagnant and stale. If my life has been a series of “becomings”, at this age, what more can I become?

I may have abused my work, leaning on it too heavily, relying on it to give meaning and purpose to my life. Over the past several months my art and my writing seem to be unable to meet the demands placed upon them. I find myself lost and drifting through the days with no direction and no deeply engaged purpose. I can’t fine the center. More than anything else, I want to be strong and resilient, sustained by an inner strength that enables me to withstand all the challenges of life’s circumstances.

We interact with life two ways, with our feelings and with our intellect, and we are best served when they are in sync with each other, in a healthy balance. Each has the power and the ability to overwhelm the other, or to lift it up when needed. I believe I have relied heavily on my feelings to direct and give purpose to my life, and on my intellect to hold me up when the feelings were failing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment