Wednesday, April 27, 2016

THE CHOICE IS ALWAYS OURS




Our lives can be described as an encounter with the world around us, encompassing everything and anything – people, culture, environment, ideas, emotions, and all the “stuff of life”.  It is our nature to try and understand and find our place in all of this, and we do this in one of two ways: analytically with our heads, or emotionally with our hearts.  Neither is right or wrong.  They are simply two ways of experiencing the same thing.  So when I feel the need to reach out to God, I can do so without confining him to my imagination.  In my heart he becomes real.  And this experience is not diminished or negated when intellectually I express my doubts and dis-beliefs. 

It may all be a bit schizophrenic, but it seems to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment